Be seen by tens of thousands of San Mateo and Santa Clara County cyclists!
The nineteenth annual Bike to Work Day on May 9, 2013 is the premiere bike celebration in the Bay Area. Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition (SVBC) oversees Bike to Work Day in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties alongside other organizations.
Your company's involvement will position you as a community-minded business that is working to help reduce traffic congestion, enhance health, and improve the environment while reaching a large, growing, and diverse audience. Sponsors are recognized before, during, and after the event. With your company’s sponsorship, you will also receive a number of media and promotional benefits:
SVBC teams up with community and business leaders to achieve a very high level of media attention for Bike to Work Day, including:
- Press conferences in Santa Clara County.
- Radio and major TV network coverage.
- Newspaper coverage throughout the two counties.
Posters and reusable bags
- More than 6,000 posters for the event, featuring your name or logo, will be distributed to various businesses and public outlets.
- On the day of event, over 6,000 reusable canvas musette bags, featuring your name or logo, will be given away to cycling commuters.
- Both the posters and the bags are popular mementos - visibility lasts well beyond this event.
- Bike to Work Day draws people from all over the region to our website to learn about bicycling, event details, and Energizer Station locations.
- Your sponsorship will be seen by tens of thousands of visitors.
- Link back to your company’s website from our main Bike to Work Day page.
Energizer Station Partnership
- An estimated 30,000 Silicon Valley bicyclists will pass by over 100 Energizer Stations on Bike to Work Day within the two counties.
- Riders receive musette bags adorned with your name or logo and filled with treats.
- As a sponsor you will have the opportunity to include approved materials in the BTWD bags or tabletops
Company presence at special events, including:
- Annual Dinner and VIP Ride attended by business leaders and elite cyclists.
- Company Bike Challenge Breakfast or Luncheon held to commemorate the participants.
- Bike Away From Work Bash taking place on the evening of Bike to Work Day.
- Walk & Bike to School events at elementary and middle schools promoting active transportation.
The Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition is a 501(c)(3) non-profit agency. (Tax ID: 77-0338658)
We promote the bicycle for everyday use and your donation is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
If your organization is interested in becoming a sponsor, or would like to discuss other ways to be involved in Bike to Work Day, please contact:
phone: 408.287.7259 ex. 222
1922 The Alameda, Suite 420
San José, CA 95126
Download the BTWD 2013 Sponsorship packet (PDF, 1MB) for additional information.